WITNESSING IN THE TEMPLE OF TERROR
POSTMODERN LEXICON: LEFT WING VOCABULARY
1. POSSIBLE RESPONSES--ACCOMMODATION, APPEASEMENT, SURRENDER
2. PATRIOT OR TERRORIST?
3. ANTI-AMERICAN AND ANTI-ISRAEL IS CULTURAL RELATIVISM
4. CRISIS IN NATIONALISM (REFORMATION, RENAISSANCE, ENLIGHTENMENT)
5. PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH’S WORDS-- ‘EVIL DOERS’
6. PEACE PARTY
8. ATTACK ON WESTERN CIVILIZATION
9. SLOGAN OF POLITICAL LEFT (VICTIMOLOGY -- ALL FAILURES ARE VICTIMS)
10. WHO IS TO BLAME? (AMERICAN POLITICAL AGENDA (CRISIS SINCE VIETNAM WAR; COUNTER CULTURES OF THE 1960S)
11. MULTICULTURALISM - TOLERANCE/DIVERSITY
15. BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL (CF. NIETZSCHE)
16. CAUSE OF 9.11.01--ROOT CAUSE OF TERRORISM. THE HAGUE (INTERNATIONAL LAW) TRANSCENDENT STANDARD OF ARBITRATION, POVERTY.
17. CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND POSTMODERN PSYCHOLOGY OF EDUCATIONAL THEORIES.
Journal Sources: Attitudes of Major Muslim Organizations in USA (Middle East Research Institute) Daniel Pipes (excellent documentation and details of attitudes of major Muslim organizations); The Voice of The Martyrs (VOM) l; American Muslim Council (AMC); Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC); The Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR); Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMR)
THE TOP TEN STUDY PROPOSALS
Who is to blame--Bush or Bin Laden? Is all punishment an act of violence? Can public confrontation between Victims and Perpetrators resolve the dilemma? (See The Voice of The Martyrs) Our Post Modern multiculturalism and Islam share a common concern: Anti Americanism (e.g. The Great Satan (the U.S.) and The Little Satan (Israel).
1. There is no concept of sin in the discussion. All explanation is psychological dysfunctional terms.
2. Social dysfunctionalism is caused by structures of oppression (Freud’s trinity and Marx’s social/psycho/economic causes).
3. Hatred arises only in situations of Inequality and Injustice (e.g. The causes of 9.11.01). (Indigenous peoples/anti American liberation movements)
4. All developing countries are victims and need endless apology for Western conquests and exploitation--the poor and powerless because they were victimized by the USA and other Western powers (see A Nation of Victims by Charles Sykes (Free Press, 1992).
5. All warfare and violence is morally equal, therefore unacceptable.
6. All earthly conflicts can be resolved by Dialogue and Reconciliation as the answer to every human conflict.
7. Is Western Democracy superior to the various despotisms that plague the non-Western cultures?
8. Commitment to relativistic multiculturalism precludes the testimony of their own experience of Democracy.
9. Opposition to Israel as part of the ‘Scandal of Particularity.’ (Christianity, Science, Eurocentricism)
10. Love at the abstract level is a vague disembodied “God” and “Humanity” rather than specific viable expressions of love by Family, Community, Country and the Church.
11. Patriotism is a form of Idolatry and must be smashed on the floor of loyalty to a Utopian unitary world order (e.g. Neutrality is impossible!)
Dr. James Strauss
Lincoln Christian Seminary
Lincoln, IL 62656